God's Ten Most Wanted
Our country has the FBI’s ten most wanted criminals. We spend time, money and effort into catching these men and women who bring harm on our country. Well I think God has a similar list. Here is God’s Ten Most Wanted list:
- The person who puts God’s business above any other business.
- The person who brings their children to church rather than send them.
- The person who is willing to be the right example to every person they meet.
- The person who thinks more of Sunday school than of Sunday sleep.
- The person who gives what they should to the church and lives on what’s left.
- The person who goes to church for Christ’s sake rather than for themselves or someone else.
- The person who has a passion to help others rather than to be helped himself.
- The person who has a willing mind rather than a brilliant one.
- The person who can see their own faults before they see the faults of others.
- The person who is more concerned about winning people to Christ than about winning worldly honors. (adapted from “Church Bulletin Bits”)
Most importantly, and I think to sum up the above list, God wants people who want to be with Him. God has always reached out to His people and tried to help them. He’s always been there fore His people, He’s always provided for them. When we read the Bible, we see that it is man who is constantly turning their faces away from God.
But God just wants to be with us. He has provided a place for us. John 14 says, “In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you” (v. 2). How awesome is it that God has a place ready for us. He wants us to be with Him. He wants people to follow His word. He wants people to praise Him and worship Him. He wants people to love Him. We should want all those things too! God wants you! Do you want Him?